Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 11:06 PM   #29
groswald

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
Forgot a few! I figure if I put them all here I might actually remember and do them.
  • DONE: Replaced the too-short shower curtain liner with an extra-long version and trimmed it to fit. No more wet floor. Also added one of those little corner-keeper doohickies to help keep the curtain and water in the shower pan on the stool-side.
  • Make new tabletops from solid wood. Maybe maple, probably cherry to "sort of" match the cabinets. The particle board tops that came with the coach are HEAVY! They are so heavy that the DW cannot set them up. They're also awkward and I struggle a bit. Solid wood should be half the weight.
  • Build a little storage thingy to sit between the head of the twin beds. We need something to take the place of a night stand so glasses, a clock, Kindles, and whatnot have a safe place to sit at night.
  • Replace the 140 degree thermostat in the water heater with a 120 degree version. 140 degrees is too hot! I can live with shorter showers. There's no way I would let one of the grandkids loose in a shower where the water is 140.
  • Upgrade the kitchen faucet to a house model with a sprayer.
  • Cobble something together to stop the counter extension from crashing back into the cabinet every time we stop.
  • Add access panels under the right-side bed like those on the left to make it easy to get to the low-point drains and winterization siphon.

That may be it, but probably not... Off to the workshop! Now, if I could only figure out a way to get my full-blown woodworking shop on board.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum