Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 02:02 AM   #13
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Muggs, you asked about if the bigger unit would give you enough benefit to justify the expense. Of course, only you can answer a question like that. Folks on a different forum with more big rigs might deride our more compact RVs.

We, too, went shopping for a replacement coach, two years ago about now. We had a 33' Class A gasser, and wanted something smaller, but not TOO small. Didn't want a diesel, but needed capacity to tow our small car. The ride and power of a big diesel pusher is appealing to me, but I don't want the maintenance and repair issues and expense one in our price range would likely have. We found this model at the Tampa show in January, and haven't seen anything we like better since.

Our Vegas 25.2 is just right for the way we travel. Enough storage, inside and out, and our required walk around queen bed. Wouldn't be enough for some folks. I like that the slide is relatively light, and there is no mechanical step. Had issues with those things in the last coach.

About a new vs. used coach, do you buy new cars or used? The theory about having all the bugs worked out by the first owner may or may not work for you. I wouldn't count on that theory. We had warranty work done by dealers we didn't buy from, and now that the warranty period is past, our service options are much broader. It really helps to be a little handy and able to tackle some repairs and modifications yourself.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.