Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 02:26 AM   #19
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Dgantz,
I think you've gotten a lot of good suggestions regarding alignment of both vehicles, weight distribution due to filled water and gas tanks, size (length and height and weight of towed), level of tow bar, speed, cross winds, etc. But how about tires? I'm not sure what you are running but I know they can make a difference. I don't know if you want to go with stiffer or softer sidewalls, but that is one factor along with profile and tread pattern. It is an expensive proposition, but I'll be that there are people on this forum who have experiences to share. Of course you may also need to reduce the size of your towed vehicle, if it exceeds the recommended weight.
Finally, I think the "big boat vs. small boat" (long length versus short length) theory is interesting and may be true. However something with a big surface area and relatively light weight will blow around more than something with a small surface area and high weight. Wind profile is important. My apologies to any boaters if the laws of the seas say this ain't so!
John
Athens, GA

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum