Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 10:40 PM   #9
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
I use the Mopar wiring harness on my 2010 Wrangler.. Routing the wire from grill through the firewall - and plugs into a main connector under the dash on passengers side (separate existing connection - and it plugs into middle).
That also brought the power line from the RV trailer harness into the cabin - which I used to hook up to Invisibrake - permanent mount braking system.
Makes the towing 'plug and play' - nothing to adjust and set up. Connect towbar, safety cables, wiring harness and break away cable from MH to front grill of Jeep.

Tow with key out (no steering lock on 2010), battery disconnected (except from Invisibrake which charges the Jeep battery from MH and would use Jeep power source in a 'break away' condition) and Transfer Case in Neutral / Transmission in Park.

With standard suspension - flat even tow bar to motor home... With 4" lift kit, you may well need a 'step up' from MH receiver to keep the towbar level.

The Wrangler has made a great flat tow...

Happy New Year!
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum