Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 11:53 PM   #33
Hudsoner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
I did a dual purpose approach with covering the entrance steps. My unit has the couch on one side of the steps, and the fridge on the other side. Thor put a nice wooden handrail on the fridge side to help in getting up and down the steps. On the couch side was nothing, just the fabric covered end board of the couch. That made getting in a little harder when I carried stuff in my left hand. Because of this I made the step cover such that it created a pretty solid wall section once up. At an RV junk yard, I found the identical handrail to the one on the left side, and attached this handrail to the step cover/short wall I made. The short wall is kept solidly in it's upright position by the door type hinges at the bottom and a barrel bolt that engages with the metal frame around the door.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161116_151452.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	3642   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161116_151410.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	3643  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum