Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 10:22 PM   #4
TowJumper

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #6114
Thank you Oneilkeys and JamieGeek for the replies.

It is apparent that the real issues are just as you two have indicated, size and maneuverability versus features and space. That is kind of amazing - price is secondary.

On your advice, I went to my local CW and drove both an Axis and an ACE this afternoon. Big pressure sales there - I could smell the car dealership type pressure. I also knew the two units I looked at better than she did, which is to be expected thanks to place like this forum and its users.

I could drive both comfortably and was surprised they did not feel HUGE but the difference in "feel" was substantial. The ACE felt more truck-like and the Axis more SUV-like. I have a truck and love it, not an insult to the ACE but the wife would probably adapt to the Axis more quickly.

The Axis DEFINATELY felt tiny inside compared to the ACE which had an enormous slide. Of course, as kids we went thousands of miles in the VW Westy. She might say "get the big one" and then never drive it which is not optimal for me.

I am trying to avoid buying small then wanting big, or buying big and hating driving the RV. Still torn.

Going to get interesting.

Again, thank you for your replies.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.