Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #6
aa9zz

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
I have spent the past two years in an Airstream Interstate Class B Sprinter. I really enjoyed it but it was small enough that it was difficult to take our two grandkids (3 and 5) with us.

We sold The Airstream last month and bought an Axis. We were very nervous at first but we have found our Thor Axis 24.1 to be a nice unit. It is a great size for us to take our grandkids with us. They live in Chicago and don't get so see grass and real life.

We were nervous about buying a new rig and finding the issues and having them fixed. Notice I said "having them" fixed as I an mot a very handy person. I seem to not have hands but four feet when it comes to fix up duties. We spent the first ten days of ownership on the road and logged over 2000 miles through seven states.

I am very happy with Thor and our Axis. My only found issues being the need to seal the kitchen sink drain and a slightly bent stove top cover. I sent a note to Thor service and was told in two days to contact our seller and they would take care of it.

The Axis is comfortable and has tons of room, especially when compared to the Airstream Class B.

The biggest issue with our travels was so many people in campgrounds and parking lots wanting to see what our unit was. The styling and layout was a big hit. If I had been a commissioned salesperson and had a few extra units, we could have sold them ourselves.

While I miss the 20 MPG of the Airstream, I am happy to give it up to get the extra room and convenience of the Axis.

I think we will have it for quite a few years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.