Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 09:12 PM   #1
Buzz102

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: New Jersey
THOR #3292
Best time to buy

We decided to start looking for a larger motorhome and went and looked at a dealer yesterday. Not a lot of inventory on his lot, like 1 or 2 of each model he carried. Of course, the salesman said it was a good time to buy because nothing is selling this time of year and they want to move what they have. I'm wondering if you are less likely to get the best deal at a time when so few are selling that the dealer is looking at it as "thats all the money I've got coming in; I have to pay for everything out of that."

I called another dealer who said he had none of the models we are looking at but had some on order for March. Thats probably going to be the case with most dealers, that they will have more inventory when they anticipate the season starting. I would think they'd want to move things off the lot then to keep getting new units in.

Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum