Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #10
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Doesn't it depend on how long you will keep the motorhome?

The difference in price between a 2- and 3-year old motorhome is much greater than between 10- and 11-year old. If trading in regularly, I would agree with Mr Sunshine; current year purchase should return much of the higher initial cost back at trade in. If keeping it much longer, I would take the lower initial cost of the previous model year -- assuming you get what you want which is most important.
I agree generally. However, if you are buying a left over 2016 new model after the new 2017 models are stocked on dealers lots, then you have to get a much deeper discount to even this out. Instead of the unit being a used one year old unit when you sign the papers and drive off, it is a 2 year old used unit within a few short months. So if you can get the discount from original sticker to about 40%-45% off then it could still be a better deal because for awhile you will have a lower mileage unit for its age.

In SW Florida the winter months are not when RV dealers are starving. In the six counties that make up SW Florida the population increases by over 1.5 million and many of these folks are in RVs. That isn't to say they won't deal, but it is their busy season.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum