Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 05:10 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
Sometimes it is being in the right place at the right time. I was looking for new RV when we bought ours several years ago and then I ran into an RV with 1600 miles on it for about $15000 less then new and it wasn't even broke in. If I buy another unit I would look at used first and I am the type of person that likes to buy new but the price on low mileage used units is a lot less then new.
I agree that a lightly used motorhome can be a great deal. We went that route with our first RV, a small Class C, and saved a ton. After a few years, about 20,000 miles, and lots of great trips, we sold it and got most of the cost back. If the right used Axis came up, I'd consider used again.

To the OP's question regarding low inventory of large Class As, I wonder if shifting trends towards smaller motorhomes isn't affecting dealer business practices. Recent reports for November sales indicate that Class A volume was down compared to November 2015, while Class Cs were up and Class Bs up even more for same time period. As I recall, 2016 year-to-date (through November) Class A volume was still positive but trend was slowing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.