Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
once you get into the micro view looking at fuel efficiency, a variable that i think is easy to over look is ethanol content and fuel blends.

I'm not sure if they really vary the ethanol content in gas all that much, but it would make a difference if they do!

I notice the sticker on the pump says something like (up to 10%)...... I'll say this, that when they first starting adding the ethanol and they put these stickers on the pumps..... i had just bought a Silverado that has a factory MPG readout. I was watching it very closely at the time, on my commute that was extremely consistent..... so with the only significant variable being fuel blends, I was able to really notice the slow decline as they weened the public onto ethanol. They did it slowly so that we didn't notice that we are getting far fewer miles for the same price per gallon.

On top of that, i wonder if the stupid blends from region to region, or seasonal changes might affect that number too....???

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.