Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 04:12 AM   #1
BRAVOZULU9

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany
State: Florida
THOR #694
NEW Tuscany 42WX won't stay warm while driving??? HELP

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new 2013 (leftover, never before sold/titled) Tuscany 42WX. I am currently on the coach's maiden voyage from Florida to Idaho then back to Florida with my wife and in-laws and the coach will absolutely not stay warm while we're traveling. It keeps nice and warm while parked (running aqua hot) but as soon as we get back on the highway, temperatures in the coach drop to about 55 deg (not exaggerating here whatsoever). This is completely unacceptable so I cannot believe this is something we should have to deal with, especially with the premium the aqua hot carries.

Any ideas/suggestions are much appreciated.

The cockpit is not as big a concern as the living room area where my in-laws sit while we travel. I've tried everything (heat pumps with electric only; heat pumps running gas; LP valve open (and closed) aqua hot burner on together with electric then just electric and just burner.

Temperatures on the highway have been about 30-40 degrees.

Thanks very much!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum