Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #17
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheb454 View Post
I am now surprised to be reading this since I purchased a 2014 Focus to tow with four wheels down. Everything I read indicated the Focus with automatic could be towed this way. What issues are created during a relearn after hooking the battery back up? Being a GM guy the only thing I noticed about the Focus was the shifting was different than my GM's. I wanted a Chevy Cruze however they could not be towed with four wheels on the ground. After looking at my owners manual again it states to turn the ignition off after confirming the transmission is ready when it was put in neutral. If the ignition is off I am not sure why it is necessary to unhook the negative battery terminal. I'll check with the local Ford dealer. My Focus only had 6 miles on it when I picked it up and it shifted different but fine, no problems. Actually I like the performance of the car for local driving. I am trying to decide which tow bar I want to purchase. I haven't decided that yet and the different braking systems available seem kind of strange and expensive.
There are many things I like about our 2014 Ford Focus such as its power, excellent handling at high speeds in cross winds ability to take fast curves, good gas mileage etc.etc.. The tranny does feel like a manual in that you certainly feel the shifts up and down. When the car is driven aggressively it is one heck of a fine ride. But if you share the car with someone who drives very slowly, especially while the tranny is in its "learning" mode, a different picture, IMO, emerges. It is sort of a Jeckle and Hyde thing.

I took our FF out this morning for a doctor's appointment and heard/felt no clutch chatter and not any unexpected shifting. However three days ago when I drove a friend to the Atlanta Heartsfield airport, he (not me) asked what was wrong with the car--because of the clutch chatter.

Go figure.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum