Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #5
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
We saw it for the first time at the Tampa Supershow and liked it better than I thought I would.

The Twin/King bed arrangement in middle of coach with toilet at rear limits using the bed as a King if others are sleeping in front of motorhome. That's the main flaw I see.

In small motorhomes I very much like the beds to double as something else to make their space more useful. In this case it makes a great lounge area, except we found the beds very uncomfortable as goucho sofas. Like on most day beds they are too deep for our backs to reach the backrest. I moved the backrest forward by placing an extra spacer behind it and that made it much better. This could be an easy fix for us with extra cushions or some other spacer.

With two large goucho sofas I would prefer a dinette at front instead of couch. Setting the goucho sofas as a dinette blocks access to bathroom.

Kitchen counter space is limited compared to other 27-foot-long Axis.

I would prefer generator not to be on curb side (awning side).

As mentioned before, I'd like to see Thor offer this bed arrangement in the 24.1 as an option for those who want to convert the rear into a lounge area. The beds are not quite as wide but plenty wide for us. Plus they could be converted into King without blocking aisle and bathroom.

Too bad we can't choose the best of each plan.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum