Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Faded gelcoat
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I suspect there's a problem

My coach is also a 2013
also grey, mine is what they called "saphire HD max"
and is also faded around the top of the overcab area where the angle rolls past vertical.
This gel coat is a discontinued color for Thor

My coach is new, and I bought it in June as a '13 leftover. It sat on the dealers lot for about a year.... I actually feel ripped off because the dealer very skillfully hid this fading with the use of some sort of protectant or wax..... it was not visible when i did my PDI
Over the period of a month or so, and through a few rains, it became more an more apparent.

Anyway, fast forward to this week.
The coach is in the shop and they are replacing my back wall.
I just learned that the gel coat color is discontinued, so they provided a white wall and the dealership is painting to "match"
Now I feel doubly ripped off.

As part of the warranty repair, i asked for this fading in the front to be addressed. i still have not been told what they are doing to address it. I suspect a fresh coat of 303 or wax. I'll find out soon

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum