Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 07:32 PM   #1
karwask

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.4
State: Oregon
THOR #4548
Questions About Managing a Tow Dolly

Hi All,

I'm getting ready to buy a Vegas 25.4 if all goes well. The plan is to tow my car (2006 Subaru Outback, manual transmission, right now) to have a car with me as well as to hold up my kayak so I can always travel with that too. I have ruled out flat towing due to expense and lack of flexibility for when I get another car. So best solution for me seems to be a lightweight tow dolly, maybe an Ez tow. Many questions about how to manage this, is it practical, I'm on my own no partner to help out:

1. At the camp ground:
a. Presumably you unload car prior to pulling in?
b. Do you simply leave the tow dolly hitched or not?
c. If you have to back in or our with dolly attached, is this a problem?
d. Can you stow the dolly under the rear of the Vegas as in is there enough clearance there? If not, where do you stow it? Is there a concern about it being stolen?

2. Re: the dolly itself:
a. With a lightweight one, (like the EZ tow), can you easily move it around on your own to get it out of the way at a camp ground or to put in in your garage, etc. of is it too heavy?

3. Angle of car and the kayak on top:
a. Are there implications of me having my kayak strapped to my car top rails when the car is on the tow dolly at an angle as in the kayak being more prone to slipping off due to the downward pressure due to the angle?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum