Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 10:21 PM   #1
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
2017 Thor ACE 30.1 120 VAC Wiring Error

I started to upgrade my WFCO converter in my 2017 ACE 30.1 to a Progressive Dynamics converter today. Before diving into it I was tracing wiring to make sure I understood what wires came off and got replaced. This lead me to a rather disturbing apparent wiring error. I'll be contacting Thor tomorrow to see what they have to say, but what I found is:

1. Hot (black) wire from the converter does not land on the circuit breaker labeled Converter. Instead it goes to the breaker immediately above it that is labeled Hot Water Heater
2. The Hot Water heater breaker has two wires under it (connected by a factory lug it appears.) One wire goes directly to the Convert and the second wire goest to a wire nut that is connected to a cable leaving the distribution box to points unknown
3. The Converter breaker has one wire under it that goes directly to a cable that leaves the distribution box, again to points unknown.

I usually leave my hot water heater breaker off when I winterize, so there isn't the possibility that it gets turned on with an empty hot water heater. So it looks like all I've done is turn off the Converter.

I'd like to fix this one myself rather than endure the CW warranty shuffle. I'm competent enough with 120 AC to do this (though I had a long standing agreement with a colleague who was our lead Electrical Engineer that if if had enough voltage in it to hurt me, it was his work). Anyone have any ideas of what two circuits might be intended to come off the hot water heater breaker?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum