Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 12:51 AM   #8
TheTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Arkansas
THOR #5647
My project for today...

TurnerFam got me to thinking about ways to solve this problem. I could not see how drilling a hole lower would support the weight because there would be no fulcrum for the pin to rest the weight on if the bed dropped. However it did give me an idea to create a cable that would use the existing pin location at the top with a clip/hook at the bottom to hold the bed should it fall. I used wire and clip/hooks rated at 350lbs so a total of 700lbs for the two cables. See the attached pictures. It seems to work well though I have not taken it for drive yet (pray for me!). A little bit of a pain to take on and off but I won't be doing that much. It would be a lot easier if Thor made the bed 6" deep!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Whole Cable.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	3844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cable on Pin.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	3845  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hook on Bed.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	3846  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum