Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 03:29 AM   #1
obxfshn

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #1332
Purchase options...Suggestions please

Hello,

My wife and I are considering a Thor Vegas/Axis after touring the Vegas on a local dealer's lot twice. We have looked at other Class C and A models and the 24.1 fits our needs. I've seen posts around the web where people picked theirs up for $67-$68K on the lowest end; some were good deals at RV Shows. (Our dealer is at $70k with a "show special" and all possible discounts.) There is a Route 66 Warranty that he highly suggests that I buy with it for around $2K.

I'm in NC and was thinking about waiting until January for the 3 RV shows around the state to shop then. Tonight I found a link to RVDirect.com and their quote came back at $66,580 picking it up in Albany NY. I'm comparing apples to apples feature wise.

My questions are:
- Has anyone else purchased from RVDirect.com? How was the service, if any? Which location did you pick up from; Orlando FL or Albany NY?
- I assume that my service from the local Thor dealer if I don't buy from them may not be great? Is that a safe bet? Anyone run into that issue? I will share the RVDirect.com quote and offer then a fair chance to match it.
- What are your thoughts on the Route 66 program? Should I consider it or an alternative?
- I've never bought a vehicle out of state; is there any disadvantes I should consider? (I believe I register it in my own state and use Temp tags to get here. And, I'd pay NC taxes, not those of the state I buy in?)

What am I not considering or asking?

Thanks for our help!
Brandon

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.