Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 08:35 PM   #8
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbscbs View Post
One note on the invisibrake charging, if wired IAW the installation manual there is no connection to the RV 12V output, the only place it states how it charges is in the operators manual, the RV running lights must be on to charge the battery. I saw that same note before buying the system and was scratching my head after installation on how it works since the wiring diagram had no connection to the 7pin 12V feed that I expected.
In that case - the Invisibrake is connected to the taillights wire - and is only on (and charging the battery) when taillights are active - which is why you need running lights on...
My installer recommended connecting to the 12V aux/charger line instead - so the brakes are active (and charging) whenever connected regardless of running lights...
(Invisibrake has to work for various configurations - a flat four connector would have to connect the brake to taillights wire.)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.