Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Freedom Elite
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 02:26 AM   #8
samven

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: West Virginia
THOR #3119
Start shopping around for a second house battery, since its new you wont have to worry about mixing and old and new battery. I believe they put a single group 27 battery in but not sure the make. They used to be Harris but they may have changed. A single is OK if you only camp with full hook ups but if the weather gets cool and you spend any time boon-docking or in National Parks the furnace fan can draw a single down fast. Start thinking about a TPMS system, having to pop the wheel covers to check the tire pressure gets old fast and given the weight these units carry you really dont want to drive on an under inflated tire. They tend to explode and not just go flat and they tear up the systems under the RV. Find your Hot water heater bypass, probably behind the panel under the hanging closet, make sure you understand the valve arrangement to fill or bypass the heater before you turn on the heating element or you will be buying a new one. Find the water shut off from the fresh water tank, likely under the dinette seat. the water pump is there and on mine the factory had it turned off. I filled the tank and started the pump and after not seeing any water at a faucet for 4 or 5 min shut it off and started looking. I found it and also realized that the dealer prep and check only included checking water with a hose hook up. My pump still works but I dont think it works like it should because of this. Get some of the foam pipe insulation that is split and put it on the pipes from and to the water pump as far as you can. If the pipes touch the floor or the cabinets the pump will sound very very noisy. The sound travels through the pipes and everything becomes a drum head.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.