Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 08:21 PM   #11
Free Ranger

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Mexico
THOR #1236
Tom, I'll make this brief since my last three attempts to respond were kicked back?? I think it is fixed. Here is what the RV tech and I found: little or no sealant tape on the underside of the exterior piece of the skylight where it flashes up against the exterior fiberglass. The skimpy amount of tape Thor used had ten large gaps in it and since the underside of the skylight edge is concave rather than flat, their attempt at sealant was far from adequate. We also found that the hole in the fiberglass food and the interior framing was so out of square that only a couple of the braces which actually hold the unit to the coach were even still attached. None had been screwed in place. The mechanic suggests that they had to keep the whole frame loose in order to force the skylight into the off square hole. We reframed the hole, uses good sealant tape on the inside edge of the unit and then resealed the exterior edge with lap sealant. So far, so good. The tech has over 20 years in the business no says he has never seen such shoddy workmanship. Even putting in my time with the tech, this ran me over $1800. Another credit to TMC.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.