Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 11:04 PM   #1
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Local RV Show observations

Our local RV show runs this weekend (Wed - Sun) so I did a quick run-through on my way home from work today.

Its not a very big one: all inside a convention center. This usually means that dealers just park one floorplan of each make/model with a diagram on the door showing all the available plans. The salespeople don't bug you too much but are ever present to answer any questions (occasionally we even get the odd factory rep).

For my quick visit I did not look at any trailers, 5th wheels, or really large motorhomes--we are happy with the Axis and thus won't be purchasing anything anytime soon. The only units I was poking my head into were fellow Axis/Vegas units (one 24.1 and a 25.3) and things slightly larger should we get the urge to upgrade at some point (An ACE, a Forest River unit, etc.).

Sitting in the 24.1 was a couple talking to a salesman--it sounded like they were getting ready to sign on the dotted line. Of course I opened my big mouth: "Hey have any questions? I own one?" LOL (Well given that we like our Axis I didn't shout at the top of my lungs: "DON'T BUY A THOR!" LOL). Their questions for me were rather simple: "Do you like it?" (yes) "Where have you taken it?" (FL, UP-MI, DC, MO, etc.) I did mention on the way out "Don't get the oven--you'll like the large drawers instead!"

The funny thing was: Having been on a few RV forums now for quite some time I find myself looking for the issues in the coaches instead of the features. "Ugh full-wall slide on this one, nope, sink and refer in the slide let me look at the plumbing, hmm none of these fridges have the reinforced hinge, etc." This behavior was obviously different from most show goers that I could see (at least the people that happened to be in the same unit as I): They would be looking at features and creature comforts...

Not sure if you notice that kind of thing at the bigger shows.

Another funny thing about this is this week's post on Thor's blog:
https://thormotorcoach.com/blog/those-crazy-rvers/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum