Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Freedom Elite
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 02:24 AM   #16
bythesea

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #6470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine Webster View Post
We recently bought a new 2017 "Freedom Elite" from Camping World in Vacaville, CA. We couldn't resist the price and the features.
Hi there, Elaine! Congratulations on your new purchase! I can't believe that I found your post as I just joined to ask about the Freedom Elite 29FE that I have seen at of all places the Vacaville Campingworld! We have been looking at one of their used RVs but we're on the Central Coast and Vacaville is a 4.5 hour drive from here. Anyway, we've been dealing with Phil the sales manager and David Tan over the phone. The Vacaville Campingworld and mostly all Campingworld's do not have a great reputation for sales and service, and what I discovered on the net about the Vacaville place has not been favorable either.

The used RV unfortunately looks like it hasn't been well cared for even though it's a 2016, so my hubby and I were just discussing the possibility of purchasing the Thor Freedom Elite 29FE if it doesn't work out with this used coach. I have been searching for this particular used coach for awhile now and the manufacturer (Forest River) I narrowed our purchase down to. Going to the Thor does have some concerns for us as the reviews on this particular motorhome are really bad mostly regarding leaks which we would like to avoid like the plague! Our Jamboree RV always had a leak we could never seem to resolve, so water leaks in a new motorhome would not be something we'd want to deal with.

Regarding your experience with your purchase at the Vacaville Campingworld, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering some questions:

1. Did you feel your overall purchasing experience went well? Is there a particular sales rep you would like to recommend?

2. Were you able to negotiate at least a 30% discount or more off the MSRP? How do you feel the purchase price negotiation process went?

3. How was your PDI (walk through) experience? Was the person who took you through your new coach knowledgeable?

4. Are you happy with the Thor Freedom Elite? Any problems discovered so far?

If anyone here could ease my fears about water leaks and major problems with the Freedom Elite or give feedback, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.