Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 01:56 AM   #6
obxfshn

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #1332
Still in decision mode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I find this odd: In that everyone is complaining about Thor quality except the Axis owners (I haven't seen any Vegas owners post). Even when I search around irv2 I don't find anyone with quite the problems of all the other Thor owners. Sure there are a couple of quibbles but nothing like being stuck in a campground with the slide out and unable to retract!
Especially considering 2014 was the first model year of the Axis/Vegas units! I'd expect the most complaints about it. (Heck even some family members were surprised when we told them it was a Thor--they had just got rid of their Thor 5th wheel due to quality issues.)
Perhaps all the Thor Q/C people are checking the Axis/Vega units for the initial launch and then once they go "mainstream" like the rest of the line the Q/C guys will go back on vacation...don't know..
Or perhaps its the dealers that are initially selling them giving them a final Q/C check before they go out the door (assuming there are some good dealers)--although I suspect this isn't always the case as Camping World does sell them and most of the complaints around here of the dealers not being very good are Camping World dealers.
Or perhaps there isn't enough Axis/Vegas units out in the wild yet for Thor to let the few lemons slip through...
To be fair there must be some happy Thor owners out there--they wouldn't be in business long if they all were crap (nor would the dealers for that matter).
Ok here is someone complaining about the Vegas quality on irv2:
thor axis? - iRV2 Forums
Note that they didn't purchase it just noted the crappy quality from seeing them at an RV show.
Now that I've posted this I'm sure I jinxed myself and our camper will simply fall to pieces the next time we go to use it LOL.
I've looked at a few models (Forest River FS3 and Winnebago Vista) and the floor plans don't appeal to me. While not entirely locked into the Thor Vista/Axis I haven't really found anything else that I like as much.

I'm confused by the comment about the quality of Axis vs Vegas models. It's my understanding that they are identical with the exception of the exterior decals/colors and the interior trim colors. Same factor, same builders. When I asked the dealer in town about them he said this allows Thor to have more dealers in closer markets; one selling Vegas and the next selling only Axis.

Happy T-Day!
Brandon

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.