Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #20
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
The 660 is the latest Garmin for RVs. I have used Garmin for years and love them, they are very user friendly! Garmins should be updated regularly via the Garmin website to maintain highest accuracy.

Are gps units perfect, no. A gps is only as good as the information entered in to it. If a developer doesn't send accurate information to the county then the information loaded in a gps won't be accurate since they get a lot of their information this way.
When going to my friends new house the gps showed two houses off, not the fault of the gps, problem was the person who sent in the plat map.
I expect much of information that Google uses comes from us. The millions of vehicles moving about send them information that I imagine lets them know whether a road is really there or not. It also lets them know when traffic on an Interstate is moving at 10 MPH instead of 70 MPH, etc.

So far I've been impressed with Google accuracy, and depend on it, although I haven't needed information specific to large vehicles like RVs or trucks. In the future if that changes I may go back to a Garmin as a backup.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.