Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #36
groswald

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
aa9zz,

I used the Ultragauge "vertical" mount. I installed it right next to the instrument surround, on the right hand side, high enough that I can see it without interference from the wheel. I find I can't see the speedometer with the seat position/wheel-tilt I find comfortable so I wanted to ensure I can see the UG's speed report easily. Lowes stocks everything.

The AC outlet I used is a Cooper Wiring Devices model number TR7745LA-K. It has two 15 amp 110 outlets and two USB charge ports. The only minor downside to this brand is that you have to buy their cover plate too. They don't use the standard versions.

Leviton makes a similar device, and it's cheaper, but the USB ports take the place of one of the 15 amp sockets and didn't work for us. Mama needs her blow dryer and curling iron plugged in - at the same time!

Regards,

Randy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.