Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
TexAXis, I think you'll find it's an industry-wide practice because RV manufacturers start the new model year around February or March, whereas Ford may not change model year until around May or so -- that date seems to vary depending on how much they are updating chassis.

In case of Axis the chassis has to get reworked at MorRyde so by the time it gets to Thor and motorhome is built, I'd assume more than half of them were built on different model years -- chassis versus house.

I can provide the link to Ford specs if you want to compare for yourself, but as I stated before, I don't recall any real change between 2016 and 2017 for the E-450 chassis.

The next big chassis change "may" be when Ford goes to V8 as an option to V10, but I think even that is unlikely to make it into Axis/Vegas line.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum