Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 01:23 PM   #18
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Are some waxes better than others? Probably, and in most cases you get what you pay for. We live in SW Florida where the UV is brutal, then we travel in the summer but always in hot sunny areas. I have used Nufinish, Meguires products, and several marine waxes on my RV's. Some seem to last a little longer than others, and some are easier to apply. I think the bottom line is to make sure you keep a coat of protective wax on it year around. If you live in the Midwest that may mean waxing it once, if you live and travel where I do that means waxing it at least twice or maybe even three times a year.

But I am certainly going to start washing it using OutCastJeeps suggestion "mix 1part Meguires gold class car wash with 1 part Turtle Wax Zip wax wash."
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum