Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Newbie question
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 02:45 AM   #5
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsgts View Post
Sorry Greg,

The coach is a 2017 Thor Freedom Elite 30FE. The max on the hitch says 8000 pounds, haven't looked at the GCWR of both yet.

thanks,
wsgts
GCWR according to specs is 22,000 pounds, so if your 30FE isn't too heavy or loaded down, you may be able to tow on light trailer without exceeding GCWR. However, if you go the trailer route I think you'll probably run into tongue weight limitations. Your Durango on a trailer would likely be in the 7,500-pound range, if not heavier, which may result in too much tongue weight. Many of the 8,000-pound hitch receivers I've seen were limited to 500 pounds of tongue weight.

Just one more thing to check. In any case, using a trailer for such a heavy toad will be pushing limits.

First thing I'd do is weigh the motorhome as well as the Durango (separately).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum