Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 11:38 PM   #3
CasaLoca

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31K
State: Florida
THOR #3520
I had the same failure except I was inside and could not get outside where my tools were in the belly. A phone call brought help and between us we got the lock disassembled and me out. The back end of the sliding latch piece had broken off so nothing short of getting the inside plate off would help. Once I had access to the guts i could catch the sliding broken piece and pull it back.
A total lock replacement was the only solution. Eighty miles or so in the toad to a place that had a lock similar enough I could make it work. Mine was 12 years old. I find it scary that you had an almost new one fail. Almost scared enough to want one of those driver side doors as an escape route. That emergency exit window is not an attractive option for an overweight 75 year old with no ladder out there.
Chuck Peck in CasaLoca

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum