Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #7
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Just picked up my coach yesterday from CW.
They repaired the back wall and a bunch of other stuff..... mostly good result, but they killed my battery.... stone dead when I picked it up. They acted like they've never heard of this being a problem!!!

But this thread is about the front clearance lights
So the called a couple weeks back. the coach was "ready" except the svc manager had done a walk around and was having them re-do the reseal of these lights. the shop used white caulk. - strike 1

So when it was ready, they pulled it around for my inspection. Straight away form the ground I could see white caulk remnants and a bad silicone job.... and I could see water in several of the lights. Closer inspection form up top revealed no gasket, a bad silicone job, and moisture in all clearance lights front and back. - Strike 2

Back to the shop, then picked it up yesterday.... still no gaskets, silicone a little bit neater but still looks like my 9 year old did it. Some of the lights looked as if they squirted a bed of silicone and let it cure as a gasket, then installed the lens. The problem is it wasn't level and so there were visible openings. Visible moisture in three of them. strike 3.

Do these guys think I'm not gonna look????

I noted the problem all over the paperwork i signed. Had them note it in the computer and plan on repairing myself. since silicone was used, I'm concerned about getting a good seal with anything, so I called my Thor Warranty contact. he's going to send replacements.

Gotta say that Thor gets good marks on my experience overall for my repairs. Can't say i give them a 10, but not bad. CW, not so much!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum