Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #8
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I think the problem is with the light manufacturer, as I have the same issue. I noticed when I bought the coach that there was silicone dripped all over them. It's just not yet been a priority to get on the roof to fix them.

I guess I cannot fault Thor for this (other than choosing bad components). I have seen where others have had water intrusion problems with these clearance lights as well.

The lights do come with a gasket, but I think the gasket may be for under the light, as I cannot see what the gasket looks like on the Command Electronics website, and my RV is covered up so I cannot look at that either.

I should look into replacing the clearance lights with LEDs so everything can be more or less permanently sealed.

This is just another indictment of poor quality in the RV industry as a whole. If they cannot even make clearance lights that don't leak, what chance do they have for properly engineering more complex things like mega slide-outs?

I am thinking I need to get my mindset to thinking that a motorhome is just a fancy tent.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.