Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #11
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMitt View Post
Hooking up my dish tailgater to the RV connection I can't run a tv scan while running the satellite scan. I have to run the satillite cable through the window to the cable box then the HDMI to the TV.
Any suggestions?
what do you mean by 'I can't run a TV scan while running the SATELLITE scan'?

if you have your Receiver hooked up to your tv's COAX output, then running a SCAN as 'CABLE' should pick it up as Channel 3, where you can then see the satellite programming info.
if you have your Receiver hooked up to your tv's HDMI output, then you should use your 'INPUT' button on the remote to move it to HDMI1 or HDMI2 type, where you will then see the satellite programming info.

I would not think that hooking up your incoming coax from your Tailgater to your 'CABLE' input would NOT work - usually there are splitters behind walls and cabinets that make this problematic, since the Tailgater is Powered by the Receiver power thru the same coax cable. It's a two-way road.

It's best the run the coax cable DIRECTLY from the Tailgater to the Receiver. You can certainly do it thru a window for temporary means, or you can run TWO coax cables - #1 from the Receiver thru a roof plumbing vent, slide passthru, or existing wiring hole where it can then be connected, when parked, to coax #2 that comes from the Tailgater.
If you want to run coax for TWO tv Receivers(if you have the Tailgater2 with dual outputs), then it works the same... two from the receivers, to two from the Tailgater, which is what we do.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.