Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Awning Support
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 10:36 PM   #4
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
I use the straps with springs on ours... Bought them for the older style on my 2000 Infinity (old style rigid manual) - and moved them to our 2014 Hurricane (newer style powered).
I wouldn't be without them... (of course you do need to be able to drive (twist) the stakes into the ground - so may not work on packed gravel, etc... Only ran into that once.)
I see some sets with straight stakes - I think those would pull out too easily... Mine use the 'dog stake' as I know it - spiral down into the ground.

With the tie downs - I have no issue/concerns leaving the awning out up to 20mph... If we see predictions of 25 or more - we roll it in to be safe.
It has been accidentally out with higher winds and still very solid.
When camping for long periods (months) there is more 'stuff' outside to move in or put away when rolling up the awning - so doing it less often is good...

(Of course for 'Matthew' - we rolled in the awning... pulled in the slides... and put away or tied down everything else... but that is an extreme.)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum