Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #59
Ziggys Vegas

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1347
Message to Jamie

Jamie,

I have played around with the mirrors, and also readjusted the mirrors using the Allen screws as you suggested. That helped some. It would be really useful if there was a way to use the drivers side camera while backing up. I wonder if it would be possible to modify the wiring and add a selector switch?

I store my Vegas in a farm building and have a rather narrow area between the wall and a backhoe to park it, and I have to back it in at an angle and then straighten out. I had a similar problem parking my Ford Flex in our basement garage that only had about 6 inches from the mirrors on both sides. I solved the problem by painting a 4 inch wide orange stripe in the center, with a perpendicular line at the end that could be clearly visible in the rear view camera. (except on snowy slushy days when the camera was covered) I'll have to try that with the Vegas.

Thanks for your reply.

Incidentally, when I tried to do a quick reply to you post I got the message that it was not permitted. How does that work?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum