Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 02:29 PM   #13
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
I have the Axxera AV615BH in my 2017 ACE 30.1. I bought the Dual wireless dongle and have decided its going back. I have an iPhone 7 and found that I could get DualMonitor to work, but it only would display the first view it got when connecting. It would not change as I changed the iPhone display.

I did a little research and found that I have to update the firmware to get the Dual to work with IOS 10. I downloaded the zip file from Dual and found that it would not unpack using standard MacOS or Windows utilities. I found a MacOS utility that finally succeeded and got a set of files for 3rd rate software and no instructions. The update process basically requires way too much knowledge of the guts of Windows to figure out how to use it. Its basically Chinese crapware zipped into a file that most utilities think is corrupt.

I found a video that kind of showed how to update the firmware, but it involved a lot of guessing on what USB drivers to delete to force a reinstall so the computer could connect to the DUAL. I use a Mac and have Windows 7 and 10 virtual machines, but neither sees the Dual USB connection. I have an old Windows laptop that I might try, but I'm thinking its not worth the effort. There was a reason why I went to Mac.

I might get the cable and the Apple HDMI dongle (need one anyway for business use) and try that way, but the DUAL is going back.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.