Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 04:05 AM   #1
AnaBird

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 36R
State: Michigan
THOR #4071
Converter and batteries

I have a 2008 Wind sport.
I'm reaching out to you because I'm really at a loss and I'm not satisfied with the answers I'm getting from the battery guy.
I'm having battery issues. While in storage, both the chassis battery and the house batteries are disconnected and discharge, which I'm told is a normal occurrence. However, I've had to replace the chassis battery twice within 10 months. When I plug into shore power, the house batteries discharge. I say this because when I turn on the battery connect switch, the LED light indicator doesn't turn on. I've had the batteries checked today and battery guy tells me that all the batteries are charged. However, when I reconnect the house battery switch, I cannot get the ceiling lights to turn on. When I connect the chassis battery switch the stairs do roll out. I can start the engine and the generator. Could it be that the converter is not recharging the house batteries when plugged in to Shore power? I've checked the circuit breaker for the converter and it has not been tripped.
Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.