Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 06:25 PM   #1
Moondoggie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.1
State: Arkansas
THOR #6634
Help! No coach battery power

Ok fellows, I have my first real RV problem and I'm hoping someone here can help.
Power went out in our town last night and is still out today. I went out to the RV this morning expecting everything to be working off of batteries, but no such luck . Here's the sequence to what I know.
1. the xantrex pro status meter was beeping and flashing an alarm and showing some kind of fault code. I pushed one of the buttons and the beeping stopped. There was a reading for input voltage, but input current and output power showed zero or near zero.
2. I tried the lights, nothing came in.
3. I checked the battery disconnect to make sure it was on. It was.
4. I checked the fridge. It was on auto and I expected to see the Gas lite on, but both lights were off.
5. I checked the breakers on the convertor box and every switch was "on".
6. Cranked the Ginny and everything (look gets, tv, fans, heat, etc) came on immediately, including the refrigerator "on" light.
7. I checked the battery indicator switch which now indicated fully charged batteries. (Before the Ginny was running, the battery indicator lights were completely dark.
8. I let the Ginny run for nearly an hour hoping to charge the batteries if they were dead.
9. Shut off the Ginny and everything went dark, including all refrigerator lights (it wasn't even running on gas)
10. I'm now running The Ginny charging phones and such because the power may be Off for a while. Everything seems to be working under Ginny power, by nothing under battery power.
Does anyone have any ideas of what I'm missing?
Thanks
Hugh Chapman
2017 ACE 29.4
950 miles.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.