Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 03:14 PM   #15
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I've had to hard brake a few times in my Axis. Wow! I couldn't believe how well it stopped--well short of where I thought it would. (In none of those instances was I pulling anything, nor were they on the freeway.)

My F-Series were the same way (granted they are designed to pull a lot and thus will have oversized brakes).

Not using this as an excuse to go faster, just giving my experience with the E-Series chassis Axis. I'm sure the F-53 based campers are different beasts alltogether.

Usually, though, well go 70 or below for most of the trip as it does get noticeably noisier above 70.
Everyone has their own comfort zone for towing at highway speeds in different RV's. The vast majority of RVers can tow all over the country at 70 plus and never have an issue. You will have to excuse my excessive safety warnings but I base it on my work experiences and mean no disrespect.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum