Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #8
scrubjaysnest

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBird View Post
I got a new house battery. The disconnect switch "clicks". I followed the noise and it's under the hood. I checked the output of the converter/charger and it was less than 1 volt. I looked at the breaker and it's not tripped. I looked in the fuse box and I realized that the board needs replacing. I think this is getting complicated. Any suggestions?
While what you have circled looks like over heating the board itself may not be bad.
Have you checked the converter output for voltage with the battery disconnected? If the converter is say a WFCO8955 then the plus wire may be red while the negative or ground is white. There is no guaranty that the plus and minus wires are that color though. Each coach is almost custom built instead of everything being standard.
If you didn't find an inline fuse to the isolation relay coil relay it maybe a plug in on the relay itself. Not a problem at the moment since you say it is working.

For the converter itself they are fairly easy to change out. Hot, neutral, and ground for the AC side and plus and minus wires for the DC side. Two to four screws for converter itself if it is bad. There is usually a pair 40 amp fuses on the DC side of the converter. These are usually located on the DC distribution panel and are for reverse polarity protection.
If that is what you circled in the photo and what looks like over heating may require removal of the circuit board and the connections cleaned and re-soldered where you have circled.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.