Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #18
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
We have used the Rand RV/Truck GPS with free lifetime updates for almost 4 years now. In my unit I wouldn't want my GPS in the radio because it is a lower line-of-sight. Don't want to be looking down, then back up, then down again. With any RV GPS you can enter height, weight, length, gallons of propane carried, etc. It will always generally route you so that you stay legal and don't tear the air conditioners off the top of your rig.

I run a second GPS (non-RV) mounted on the dash in front of passenger seat also. It doesn't hurt to have a second pair of eyes looking for turns. I only use Google Maps or other I-phone apps when camped and planning routes, never for actual navigation.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum