Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Our 25.2 Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Mr. Sunshine,

We are heading into our second year (as of May) with the 24.1 and like most we have had to do some repairs, maintainence and warranty work to get the unit up and running. That leaves 3 years of extended warranty left (in the shop now for a new heater and some gray water plumbing - both warranty work).

Sheree will be taking early retirement this year and I plan on two more years of full time work. Which leaves us with one year left on the extended warranty.

With all that said in 18 or so months we will need to decide on keeping the 24.1 for good or changing to something else.

We have the 24.1 set up as a king bed and that takes away easy access to some storage areas and makes mid-night bathroom runs a bit of a group activity getting out of bed and waking up not only the DW but also one or two of the dogs.

Having a walk around bed (granted Queen size) seems like a bonus, provided it does not require a full tear down after each use prior to bringing the slide in. If the 25.3 folds up to a daybed for travel, it would be a selling point.

Thor has limited options if trying to stay at or under 30ft in length (some ACE models would fit the length) I am just wondering about the learning curve going up to the next size of Ford drivetrain.

Doc
Hey Doc, hope all is well. We bought the 2016 Vegas 25.2. We just returned home from a trip from NC to Ca. we stayed at a few Walmarts and a few Campgrounds. The bed in the back when extended is very comfortable. There was a night or two that we did not slide the bed out and we used the couch as a bed and let down the overhead bed. Both worked out great. The motorhome handled great in heavy traffic and as big trucks past me and as I past them. I did have the front end aligned and have not added a safe t stabilizer. I am very please with the way it performed. Now I do want to change out the carpet in the front with the black rubber/vinyl covering. Well take care and good luck!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.