Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #4
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcanary View Post
Hello Everyone,
I just began searching for a new motorhome. I was wondering if someone could help me out with a question or two.
I am trying to narrow down my search. I am looking for a new class A motorhome that is under 30, that doesn't have a slide in the bedroom, and has a sofa instead of a dinette.
Thor has two options that seem to fit the bill, the ACE 29.2 and the Axis/Vegas 25.5. My questions are, is the drop down bed over the cab comfortable for a single adult (5'10 male , 175 pounds) to sleep on for full time use, and is the bed in the 25.5 annoying to set up everyday.
Thank you very much for the time and the courtesy, Michael

I asked the sales person at Tampa RV Supershow to convert the bed on the 25.5 floorplan, and it didn't look that hard, but it wasn't extremely easy either if looking for something like pushing a button. I would personally not want to do it every night, but mostly because converting to King bed blocks access to bathroom. And even getting from bed to bathroom in "King" mode was less than ideal. Again, this is only at a show -- maybe with experience of ownership it would get easier.

My main interest was to see if the 25.5 beds could be installed in back of a 24.1 to create a lounge area. As long as beds are left as twins, I don't see why they wouldn't be easy to make. The back cushions would have to find a new home if not used to make a King. Note that 25.5 twin beds are a little narrower than those of 24.1, so reaching overhead cabinets should be slightly easier.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum