Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: CHF question
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 06:05 PM   #10
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
The swaybar doesn't have any tension on it, just stiff to move in the bushings. My front swaybar was tight, back was fairly easy to move by hand.
I disagree. A sway bar can have quite a bit of "tension" (or stress) on it if the motorhome/vehicle isn't parked on level ground.

If he had to use a jack to force bar back to where holes aligned, I'd bet the motorhome was parked on uneven ground. And remember that's what sway bars do -- they reduce sway by restricting suspension articulation.

Personally, I would start by parking on level ground (like you apparently did). But if that wasn't level enough to get holes to line up, I would then jack one side or the other of the motorhome slightly until holes lined up. I would personally not jack up or down on sway bar itself for fear that if jack slips it could fly off and hurt me. The possible outcome is not worth the risk in my experience with springs. I'm just glad it worked out OK in this case.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.