Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Cleaning Tips
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 11:29 AM   #10
DocMike

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
All,

Got a bit sidetracked with the Infotainment center.

I went searching on the internet and found a video that used WD40 to help remove old dried out caulking from a fiberglass bathtub. So, with WD40 in hand and a clean cloth I sprayed a very small amount of WD40 on the cloth and it took the silicone caulk smear right off. I got emboldened so I took the WD40 to a pourly (factory installed and caulked) outside speaker and with a little effort removed the smears around it. As of 7:15 this morning no ill effects to the paint, plastic or fiberglass where the WD40 was used.

Jamie, I hope the demand increases for the 12V InDash Computer as one would be able to download apps making it possible to really have an all in one "Infotainment Center" with Radio, WiFi, Bluetooth, Navigation, Engine Diagnostics, MUCH better Video feed and viewing of any and all outside cameras...even a nice dash cam that would double as nite time serveillance camera all with HDMI feeds to the TV's throughout the RV. With a wireless keyboard all the TV's could be computer workstations. With every TV now a monitor add a good soundbar and no need for a seperate bedroom radio or trying to figure out how to get music to the outside speakers!

Well, a man's got to be allowed to dream!

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.