Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 04:17 PM   #8
Shawn62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
THOR #6199
I did not hear anything from my email to Thor so I called them yesterday afternoon. Got some good ideas and info. They thought that radio should power up since it was getting power from red wire (ignition) but not yellow wire (battery). He gave me phone number for Axxera and advised I call them too. Thor also sent me a wiring schematic that helped. I called Axxera and they advised that both red and yellow wire have to be adequately powered for radio to power on. I connected a power source to energize both red and yellow wires. Radio powered up. No signal to camera. I started engine on coach and got camera signals.

Now I go looking for reason why yellow wire lost power to begin with. I checked radio fuse at foot of bed with multimeter. It is good. I am thinking that is only for the Jensen in the bedroom anyways. I looked in house battery compartment. There are two inline fuses attached to house batteries. One is a 5 amp the other a 15 amp. They tested ok. 15 amp is on a yellow wire. this might be the one I am looking for. looks like this one is in the bundle that leads to fire wall.

I turn my attention to the yellow wire under the dash. I start tracing back from the harness connection that the short radio harness attaches to. I find that yellow wire spliced into two yellow wires. I find the splice is soldered and shrink wrapped. I also find power to this point. Looks like the connection to the pin in the connector is bad.

I will address this and report back to you. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Shawn

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum