Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 03:14 AM   #14
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by samven View Post
I sometimes wish I had something other than the corner bed but then I remember why I got it. It beat the snot out of a convertible that had to be made every night and put away every morning. Some times you have to make a little sacrifice if you want to stay small.
You're absolutely correct. If you want a smaller motorhome (which we do) you will have to make a sacrifice in one area or another -- perhaps multiple areas.

Having said that, a corner bed is just one of many design options that allows keeping a motorhome small. In Europe, for example, many motorhomes in the same size range utilize twin beds in rear. To accomplish that, they often make the bathroom smaller, the kitchen smaller, and the living room area smaller.

My ideal Class A motorhome would be built similar to a Class B van camper, but "slightly" larger. By slightly I mean small enough to drive and park much like a large van, and not require a toad. The Thor Axis comes close, but an even smaller and simpler version would be that much better. Light weight, four wheels, low profile, no slide, etc.... would make a great motorhome for high-mileage travelers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum