Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 05:13 PM   #1
suenmike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
electric question

I have an electric question on my 2016 Miramar 34.2. I am in the habit of leaving the shore plug laying on the ground under the motorhome so I can easily plug it into the wall. This avoids having to pry the winter cover up in order to open the cabinet to access the plug, I always turn off the coach batteries. I have never had an issue with this until a recent snow storm blew snow under the motorhome covering the entire plug. I did not realize this until I entered the motorhome and had very little battery power. The voltage showed all zeros. I cleaned off the plug and connected it to the house power. After about 15 minutes the batteries came back to life. My question is this, is it possible or probable that the batteries drained by the male end of the plug being buried in the snow? Thank you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum