Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 01:59 AM   #1
BWare

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31S
State: Tennessee
THOR #5918
De-winerizing & water pump/heater

Gents & Ladies, Though I'm not new to M/Hs, this is my first Thor Windsport. Since I'm in Nashville, TN, I winterized by blowing air through the lines AND added RV anti-freeze. I bypassed the water heater, (i'm sure as I emptied it) and after flushing out the anti-freeze (pink stuff), I returned the valves to "un-bypass) the water heater. Now, I'm filling the water heater to insure it doesn't leak and the water pump does not stop pumping, even though the water heater is full. In the two Bounders I've owned, as soon as the water heater was full of water, the pump stopped.
The rear of the water heater is behind a panel in the bedroom of the '17 Windsport 31S and easy enough to get to. I know I had by passed the heater and I feel certain I've returned it to the normal position, since I have filled it, but can't figure why the pump still operates. It is going to be difficult to work on, if that's necessary.
I suspected I had left the "outside shower" vales open, but checked them and they were closed. I find NO leaks, or at least any evidence of leaks anywhere in the coach.

I'd appreciate any ideas as we leave on Apr 2 for Sun N Fun in FL.

Bruce W,
'17 Windsport 31 S
USAF (Ret.)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.